Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Reunion

A few weekends ago we had the chance to get away for the day for a family reunion.  Our cousin's (mom's side) the Hunsaker's have a cabin a little outside of Payson.  My mom and dad rented a 15 seat passenger van and we ALL loaded up.  All 16 of us.  Yes-it was crowded.  Luckily for me I get car sick and got to sit closer to the front.  The drive there was horrid, but worth it once we got there.  There were games, cool weather and tons of good food.  Worthy enough to blow my diet.  This has been a tradition for as long as I can remember.  Getting together with family, eating, laughing and reminiscing.  My Grandma Lively isn't around anymore, but I get to see her through the rest of the family.  Especially in Uncle Alec and Tawny.  They loved her so much.  She is definitely missed.  This year we had a pinata.  Paisley was up to bat and knocked the body off leaving only a head.  I think she has a future in softball if she chooses to skip beauty school;)  There was also the famous money toss.  Uncle Alec would throw handfuls of loose change into the air and all the kids scatter to pick it up.   I know for a fact that I never collected as much money as Paisley had in her hands.  It was a great day. We loaded up and got to drive back in the rain with a dozen of sleeping kids.  It was a beautiful thing.  I can't wait til next year.  Maybe without the passenger van.


No comments: