Thursday, October 16, 2008

California Dreamin...

The first weekend of October my sisters and sister-in-laws surprised my mom for her 60th with a trip.  It was a huge surprise that we had been planning for close to a year.  I mean she is 60 how wonderful is that.  So we had to celebrate and celebrate BIG!!   We planned a short weekend in San Diego one of her favorite places.  There were so many wonderful things that happened, but since I am not the best at writing I am going share some of the highlights of the trip.   
  • Calling my mom at 2:30am the morning of and telling her she has an hour to get ready.  Pack a bag and don't ask any questions.
  • Kristin being so kind to drive us on no sleep-then calling it quits outside of Maricopa.
  • No Kids-even though mom was so sad they weren't with us.  Seriously she talked about it the whole drive there.  I think she forgot she had daughters.
  • I slept in the car most of the way there, but I know the rest of the ladies got some good talking in.
  • Once in San Diego just the happiness we felt.  The weather was wonderful, the beaches were quiet.
  • Shopping-more than once and so nice without chasing after children. Hmm Chloey!
  • Eating pretty much when and whatever we wanted.
  • Walking on the board walk.
  • Laughing-it was great to hear stories about my brothers from Kristin and Colleen they had us running to the bathroom more than once.
  • A $25 shopping contest to see who could find the best shirt or outfit.  Then we had to model it in a fashion show.  Colleen walked away with an entire outfit.  Nikkii flashed all of us.  Kristin and Shelby dressed up in my moms clothes. And of course ME WALKING AWAY AS THE WINNER:)
  • Dinner at MiMi's Cafe after getting drenched in the rain trying to get into Cheesecake Factory.  
  • Colleens nap on the beach.
  • Bachelor party at the house above ours.  They tried to get us to party with him.  I think Colleen's quoted "No little bearded man-we will not be joining you tonight!"
  • Mom teaching us a trick to do with the flat iron that will give us the volume in our hair that we always want.
  • Kristin making us laugh harder than I have ever laughed in my life.
  • Late night talks with my roommate Colleen.
  • Niks hole in her G's-I don't recommend her stretching method.
  • The best part of the trip is that we grew stronger as a family and as sisters.
It was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!  Thank you to our husbands for taking care of the kids.  We needed the break and so appreciate all you do for us.  I missed both Paisley and Tony so much.  When I got home they had flowers and balloons for me along with a few dozen pictures Paisley had created for me.  I am so loved.  Thanks to my sisters and my mom.  I love you all so much.  Can't wait for the next trip.  There is so much I know I am missing.  If you want to read more keep on eye on my sisters blogs. Here or Here or Here!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are lookin awesome Lindsey!

nikkii said...

What a fun trip that was! Can't wait to do it again!

Aubree said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I apologize in advance for anything Kristin did or said that was inappropriate...she doesn't get out much!! jk I'm so glad she married into such a fun and wonderful family!