Thursday, December 11, 2008

Not a BA-Humbug!!


 I love Christmas and I love decorating my house for the season. Even though the decorating is done it this year it has felt different.  I must admit we have had a rough start this holiday season.   The economy is bad even though I love the gas prices. The weather never feels like Christmas in Arizona.  This year we don't have our stainless steel mantle to hang our stockings from-boy do we miss our little masterpiece.  To top it all Tony was laid off from work a couple weeks ago.  With all this going on I can honestly tell you I am not feeling it.  Not to sound like Scrooge-It is kind of nice not to get wrapped up in the stress of the season.  Most Christmas's its more stressful than joyful.  This year I am just so thankful to have a my wonderful family.  Tony and I have spent more time together the last couple weeks than I think we have in the last 6 years of our marriage.  It has been so nice.  His phone isn't ringing off the hook.  Ha Ha-he doesn't even have a phone.  He has been able to walk Paisley to the bus stop.  He even volunteered in her class.  So what if there is nothing under our tree.  We got each other and that is the best gift of all.  This Christmas count your blessings.  I love my family!

2 comments:

nikkii said...

Lins, I know you are having a hard time. I truly believe that things happen for a reason. You may not know what it is right now, but you will someday. I love you guys and wish you the best. If it makes you feel any better, we're not having much under the tree this year and it feels good!

dawheelers said...

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Tony volunteers in Paisley's class! We are all in the same boat this year and it probably should have been this way for the last several Christmas's. Hang in there it will only get better from here. We love you guys and can't wait to be with you this holiday season. I don't know why Nik is having a slow Christmas they both work!

Ty